- No More Manual Topping Off
- Leave Home for Days without Worry
- Stop Lugging Buckets and Jugs
- Maintain Consistent Salinity Levels
- 3 Layers of Disaster Prevention
- Installs in less than 5 minutes!
- Standalone or Apex-connected
KEY BENEFITS OF THE ATK
- Plug and play ready. No mounts to assemble. No bare wires to attach.
- 3 Levels of Safety Protection!
- Two optical water-level sensors (one for water level and one for emergency back up)
- IQ-Fill water run-time intelligence learns how much water you use at each top-off
- Mechanical float valve prevents water overrun if electronics should ever fail
- Does NOT rely on ANY fault-prone mechanical float switches, temperature sensors, or capacitive sensors!
- Works Standalone (NO APEX NECESSARY!)
- Advanced features are unlocked when connected to an Apex (i.e. remote failure notification via text, email, or iOS alert)
- Includes PMUP, a powerful 24VDC pump that can push water vertically up to 14'
- Audible failure alarm
- Additional features with optional accessories
THREE LEVELS OF SAFETY PREVENT OVER-RUNS
1. Backup Optical Sensor
Should the main water level sensor fail, this second optical sensor is the backup. If water continues past the primary sensor, and then covers this one, the pump will be shut off and an alarm will sound.
2. IQ-Fill Water run-time intelligence
If both the primary water sensor AND the backup optical sensor fail, the algorithm used in the ATK will not add more than double the learned water amount. It will shut itself off and sound an alarm.
3. Physical float valve the final backstop
If for some reason all the electronic failsafes do not work, and water is continuing to be sent to the aquarium, the mechanical float valve is the safety device that will stop the water and prevent death to your aquarium and water on your floor.
FEATURES UNIQUE TO THE ATK
Apex owners get even more value
If you already have an Apex of ANY kind, setting up the ATK is still super-simple. Just plug in all the components, attach it to your Apex via the AquaBus cable, and then run the set up task inside Apex Fusion. With the ATK connected to an Apex, you get the added benefit of having email/text/iOS alerts if there is an emergency and you can integrate its operation into other functions.
IQ-Fill (standalone mode only)
IQ-Fill is an intelligent and learning algorithm that, ongoing, monitors and records how much water your aquarium needs for each fill, and then calculates a maximum time your pump should run. By doing this, it dramatically reduces the chance that your pump would continue to add large volumes of water to the tank before you could realize it and fix the situation
Back-up mechanical float valve
While a float valve mechanism itself is certainly no high-tech solution, it is exactly what you want to have in place should all this high-tech gear decide to fail. The float valve on the ATK will never see any action unless for some reason the electronics continued to add water to the tank despite the optical sensors being submerged and the IQ-Fill algorithm limiting run times. For those small systems (usually small all-in-one aquariums) where the float valve will not fit, you can remove the float valve from the bracket and you still will have two levels of safety backup.
PMUP the most powerful pump provided with any ATO!
The PMUP is a 24V utility pump that is perfect for moving water from your RODI reservoir to the aquarium. This pump has a vertical design that easily drops into most water jugs or ATO reservoirs. The best part about the PMUP is that it has the the power to deliver water to your tank even from remotely located water reservoirs. Most other pumps that come with an ATO will barely pump six feet, the PMUP though has the ability to pump over 14 vertically so it can even pump water up from a lower-floor or basement water storage location!
TWO ACCESSORY PORTS ADD OPTIONAL FEATURES!
The FMM module included with the ATK has four ports for sensors and probes. The two installed optical sensors for the ATK only use port-1 and port-2. This means there are two free ports that can be used for these optional purposes:
Optical Sensors with Magnetic Mounts
Whether for your ATO reservoir, to use as a sump-high alert, or for your long term water storage such as a brute container, these optical sensors plugin into the FMM. In standalone use when used in your ATO reservoir (plugged into port-4), the FMM will stop your PMUP and sound an alarm when the sensor is above the water level. If you plug it into port-3, and mount it high in your sump, if your water level ever goes that high, an alarm will sound and your PMUP will stop operating.
Leak detection with optional leak detection probes.
Insert one of our leak detection probes into port-3 on the FMM and then place it near your sump. Now, if for some reason your sump should ever overflow, your ATK will stop operating and an alarm will sound.
Flow sensors in sizes from 1/4" to 2" (Apex-connected mode only)
Optional sensors are available that will monitor the flow through plumbing on your aquarium. This is perfect for monitoring the health of your return pump, keeping an eye on your emergency drain, setting the levels on your various reactors and filters, or watching the flow to your RODI.
THE ATK INCLUDES:
- FMM Fluid Monitoring Module (runs standalone)
- Pre-assembled water level mechanism with:
- Magnetic acrylic mount (works up to 1/4" glass/acrylic)
- Two (2) optical water level sensors
- Float valve
- 90 degree tubing fitting
- PMUPv2 ATO Pump
- 24V 36W power supply
- 4m of orange RO tubing
- 3/8" -> 1/4" push-fit adapter fitting
- 1/4" -> 1/4" push-fit siphon break
- Set-screw for non-float-valve applications