About Control 2
HYDROS Control 2 is a small, general-purpose aquarium controller capable of managing and controlling all the main functions of an aquarium. Set up is quick and easy, making this ideal for both beginner and advanced hobbyists. Monitor temperature, detect leaks, power equipment, control outlets, and more with ease through the HYDROS App. Control 2 can be used as a standalone controller for saltwater aquariums, or freshwater planted tanks, or it can be added to other HYDROS Controls to build a more extensive system. The Control 2 operates on a HYDROS Safety Net and is rated IP-65 to keep your equipment and aquatic life alive and thriving. All HYDROS products are engineered, assembled, and supported in the USA.
Versatile and Expandable without Extra Modules
Use any HYDROS device by itself or connect multiple devices as part of a larger automated aquarium system with NO single point of communication failure. Every HYDROS product is a smart device with its own CPU and scheduling capabilities.
IP-65 Rated – Splash Proof, Dust Proof, and Secure Connection
HYDROS devices look like industrial controllers because they are built to function in the harsh environment of a marine aquarium. The IP-65 rated HYDROS enclosure and aircraft-style connectors ensure long term reliability in the face of splashes and corrosive salt spray.
What you can expect from your HYDROS Smart Device
- Control your HYDROS device(s) from anywhere in the world using the technologically advanced HYDROS cloud-based app
- Ability to monitor and control your HYDROS device(s) locally through WiFi
- A fast dual-core 32-bit processor that allows control decisions to be made within each device
- Internal health monitoring to report voltages, currents, CPU status, and the internal temperature of each device
- HYDROS Command Bus connections to transfer data and power to devices
Sense Port - 2 Available
The Sense Port is a new concept in aquarium parameter measurement. HYDROS devices include several Sense Ports. A Sense Port is a generic input port that can accept data from numerous different types of sensors.
Sense Ports currently support:
- Temperature probes
- Optical level sensors (single and dual)
- Capacitive non-contact liquid level sensors
- Rope leak detectors
- Point leak detectors
- Flow rate sensors
- Magnetic switches
- Push-button switches
Drive Port - 2 Available
The Drive Ports provide switched 12V DC power for running small lights, motors, pumps, fans, and other accessories. The exact current being supplied by each port is continuously monitored by the Control, so if a motor or pump quits drawing current or draws too much, you will be immediately notified.
Accessories currently supported include:
- Auto Top-Off (ATO) pumps
- Cooling fans
- Cabinet LED lights
- Solenoids to control reverse osmosis systems
Command Bus - 2 Available
The HYDROS Command Bus is used to power the Control as well as communicate with other HYDROS devices for the ultimate failsafe.