- Utilizes NanoIntelex Technology to create an enhanced material with vast surface area for colonization by beneficial nitrifying bacteria, resulting in rapid and efficient conversion of ammonia into nitrite and nitrate.
- The highest colonizable surface area to volume ratio of synthetic biological filtration
- Higher efficiency relative to conventional media results in smaller space requirements to achieve equivalent nitrification.
- May be employed to rapidly decrease ammonia and nitrite concentrations in even the most heavily-stocked aquatic systems.
- May be used in conjunction with Xport-NO3 and Xport-PO4
Instructions and Guidelines
Read all instructions before use. The use of a mechanical pre-filter to remove particulate organic material from water prior to its interaction with this media will improve efficiency. Rinse Xport-BIO in purified water or low-TDS fresh water, then place media into a clean pail and fill with water from the aquarium into which the media is to be placed. Seed each 150 g of Xport-BIO used with 20-ml of MicroBacter7 (poured into the pail and dispersed by hand), then allow media to remain in this "bath" for 24-hours at room temperature. Remove Xport-BIO from pail and pour water into the aquarium system, then place Xport-BIO into canister filter, media reactor, or 800